Monday, May 2, 2016

Rolling Stock - Part A

No pictures today, just a quick note.

I've made much progress on rolling stock, all of the side frames are drilled for the axle pieces on all items.  Eighteen items await only filing down the metal pieces and then assembly prior to priming, already washed and filed the bodies as well as washed the metal parts.  These are the unmodified items - 8 box cars, 6 passenger cars, 3 flat cars, and the one drover's caboose.  That leaves the 21 items to be modified in various and sundry ways.

And I've made a good decision.  The one flat car I hadn't decided what to modify into will become a special horse car as opposed to all those stock cars for cattle.  For those in the know, it's for the likes of: "Who are those guys?"  And that same movie inspires the look of the car, to a degree, artistic license will apply.

Speaking of artistic endeavors, also realized I have a challenge to resolve - paint schemes!  I have a pretty good idea how I will paint all those steam locomotives.  But I really haven't decided which way to go with most of the rolling stock.  Sure, I will use real railroads as points of inspiration but I still need to finalize how I will apply it to my 15 mm Rail Baron Empire.  I will use a long cherished scheme for the passenger equipment; you'll just have to wait for the photos to know what it will be!

That's all for now.  Happy gaming - and happier building and painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment