Monday, June 1, 2020

More sorting today

So, being off work today courtesy of the protests, partly doing some work from home, I did a bit more sorting and discovered there are three more groups of civilian figures not assigned.  Two are armed men that will be for special assignments, whatever that may be - something scenario specific.  And another group of trainmen that will be used for trains 'out on the road' which means mostly likely used for hold ups.

I then realized I have enough native American figures to create two and a half units of allies for the army at Rosebud.  I will use the three units already set up as scouts for the Shoshone - famous for their 'military' type formations and these 'new' groups as the Crow.  That means there will be 66 figures for the allies which works out pretty well at 1:4 figure ratio.

The one thing I ought to do, that I haven't the heart to do, is to settle in to just one period and make it my full miniature focus.  At least I am trying to keep focus on three: AWI, Colonial (but which part of that?), and this Old West massive collection.  If I paint 15 figures a day, every single day, for a year solid, I could finish this collection.  I am lucky if I paint once a month lately but getting closer to being more free to do as I choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment