Friday, August 21, 2020

Switcharoos not Buckaroos

I purchased a number of extra sets of the figures that go with certain stage coach sets and I will be swapping out some of my already rearranged figures for buckboards and buggies so that instead of a single man driving I will have a couple, a man and a woman, driving/riding some of these vehicles.  I will be doing this with other wagons as well but saving some for seated folks around town, especially the train stations.  I also recently acquired some paired seated limber riders that I will be using as the occupants of my tumbleweed wagon - and use the coach driver with his shotgun toting partner as drivers, a little mismatch in size but the riders will be behind bars so I hope it won't be too noticeable.

These decisions were made while waiting for the heat to dissipate which it has done to be replaced by hazardous air filled with smoke from all of the far too many fires burning right now throughout California.  So, still not able to spend time in the garage.  Yes, it is that thick with smoke outside, even with the garage door closed - though I might do a bit while wearing a particle mask.

Next batch to prepare will be the four stage coaches and that tumble weed wagon plus the destroyed stage coach, the other resin destroyed wagon, and the two metal destroyed wagons.  Those ten vehicles will, when primed and ready, bring me to 60 items ready for paint.

While out helping the wife find some replacement needles for her sewing machine she has been using to turn out a large numbers of masks, I found two rather expensive plastic containers but will each be able to hold 18 or more wagons and carts each.

So, even though I haven't been able to do physical work I have been able to make some plans and that tiny progress of finding those storage containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment