Thursday, August 6, 2020

Wagon Park

In rather boring brown but exciting in another way, at least to me.
No idea why the above image cuts off the way it does at the bottom left.  But I have a precise idea that there are thirty wheeled vehicles in that photograph.  The right hand column of wagons are my horse drawn wagon train with settlers to go with it essentially as with the ox drawn wagon train on the left - see earlier post. I also put bases under all of the army supply wagons and the chuck wagons.
A casual observer might not agree that there are thirty vehicles but a closer look - with just such a shot below - reveals 14 prairie schooners, 8 army supply wagons, 2 chuck wagons, 2 'crashed' wagons, and at the rear of the long center line 2 each limbers and gatling guns mounted on wheeled carriages.

This is just a shot from above.  The items near the damaged wagons are a skeletal man and horse.  Many more skeletons now in my possession so I can actually have a full team of horses in skeletal form - as well as the crew.
And here is that shot where it is easier to see the limbers and wheeled carriages for the gatling guns.

So, that means 30 out of 100 of my wheeled vehicles for my Pony West collection are primed and ready for painting - a pleasant surprise to be almost one third of the way there.  Of course, with stage coach number five on the way I can retire a cart or keep it and call it 101 vehicles.  Again, one of the soon to be five stage coaches will be a 'destroyed' stage coach.

Perhaps next up I will prep the buggies and buckboards.  That will get pretty close to the half way point.

I find myself being drawn back to working on the kit-bashed rolling stock for my railroad - stock cars, tank cars, gondolas.  I should at least get some photos of the partly painted items to include here to help inspire me forward.  Too late to do tonight but soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment