Friday, August 14, 2020

The Nez Perce

One element of gaming the Indian Wars that I've seldom (ever?) seen explored in miniature is the campaign that ended with Chief Joseph proclaiming, "I will fight no more forever."  Perhaps an apocryphal quote but still one of my favorites from all of history.

I have been contemplating recently about fusing the battles from this campaign into my Whiskey Hills collection.  As I explore the battles, I find I can probably do most, if not all, of the battles at a 1:1 scale with my 15 mm figures.

When the wife and I traveled to Yellowstone and beyond, we actually visited some spots related to the Nez Perce including the Chief Joseph Scenic Byway (alas, not very scenic when we were there courtesy of the dense cover of smoke from all the wild fires burning throughout the west that late summer).

Will have to put more time into studying the campaign and adapting my collection to fit - I don't think it will take much effort once things are painted up.

The one thing I won't attempt at 1:1 is the pony herd of the Nez Perce reputed to have been 2,000 strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment