Thursday, May 21, 2020

Stepping into Anachronism and beyond

So, I pulled a dozen civilian groups out of their 'storage' containers and put them in a "preparation for painting" container.  They will be the first citizens of Anachronism, my main Pony West town, to get painted.  Each group currently has two 'dead' figures to go with it, might back down to only one, might stay with two.  All of these figures are on foot, mostly unarmed but a few armed figures scattered about in a few of the groups.  Those dozen groups - of a dozen people per group - represent one third of my figures for this town.  I'm starting with the more pedestrian folks and working my way up to the fancier folk, working men and women and such for now.

One type of figure I don't have much of is peaceable, unarmed civilians mounted - unless you count the ones mounted on wagons as drivers and such.  I think I can live without them since I have considerably more than enough figures for this period already.

I also added in to the same box three groups of Mexicans, two of peasants and one armed, and three Mexican horse holders with six horses.  These will be for Alkali Wells, the southwest town.  The armed men will be the 'henchmen' of El Pollo Grande, a created 'character' figure who has both a mounted, dismounted, and dead version.  These groups are new additions from recent orders, not that I needed but chose to get - they were on sale at a discount form the manufacturer, Peter Pig

Another recent addition were two groups of dismounted infantry and one group of mounted infantry, already have extra army dead to assign to these groups - even some extra dead horses for the mounted infantry.  These will help me in re-creating my primary northern plains battle of choice: The Battle of Rosebud, not nearly as famous as Little Big Horn but a much better mix of troops.  I suppose I could add more mounted native American's to improve the number of allies for the army that made all the difference at this battle, Shoshone and Crow if memory serves.  These, too, were on discount, from QRF Freikorps' Yellow Ribbon range this time.

I now need to select the first four of the White Hat/Black Hat mounted/foot/dead sets to prepare for painting.  I do have an order on its way that will add a group of Mexican federales that I will have to decide how they impact my current organization.  Most likely they will shunt aside the reservation police somehow.  The police will stay in the collection just in a minor variation of role perhaps.

No photos of this because pictures of unprepared, unprimed figures are not particularly elucidating.

No comments:

Post a Comment